9.14.2010

Plans by Death Cab for Cutie



















I chose to design a music CD cover for one of my favorite bands. The Plans original cover was ugly compared to the other covers so this was a perfect opportunity for me to make a better design that suits their music. I had a lot of fun painting the dude and the telephone booth but the clouds were my biggest challenge. I had references but making soft textures were unfamiliar to me. At the end it all worked out. Thank the lawd!
Just to make things a bit more clear if you don't know what's going on yet, my cover is suppose to narrate a story. Basically, the small dude and the girl (yes, she's a girl) had just ended their relationship. To explain it in a surrealistic way, the girl's tears are creating the rain. Yep.



No comments:

Post a Comment